VirtualKid Forums
Welcome to VirtualKid Forums! Make sure you join so you can start posting and become a loved member! If you are a returning member, click log on, if you forgot your password click 'I forgot my password'.

The Content "Covenant"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Content "Covenant"

Post by Slizko on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:50 pm

"The conquest for good content of a forum is not massive amounts of activity, It is about moderate levels of Quality Content."

Abstracts
Some topics are inspired to get users to "actively +1" Their post count.  Although racing to see who can make the top is fun, these 1-10 word posts are near valueless.

Background
Spoiler:
I'm not going to pretend I know every in and out with forums, but I do know how search engines operate and rank websites.  Through more lengthy and in depth posts this website can grow and gain momentum. With the current state of +1 topics being nearly 40% of weekly post counts we can not grow past this.

I could care less who follows in my steps, this is not starting some mass movement away from these topics. I intent only to pose an idea or "Covenant"

Content Covenant Commandments
Spoiler:

• Any posts I deem as to be easy "+1" topics I will henceforth be avoiding.
  • I desire to only post content of quality. Single sentance posts are to be slightly avoided.
  • "Game" Topics which take little skill, or luck, are to usually be avoided.

End Line
Any who desire to follow this initiative are welcome. Any who desire to scold the idea or the presentation are welcome. Please post your thoughts, all feedback of constructive nature is appreciated!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
СлЫзкo - Slizko in English
Slizko
100 posts!
100 posts!

Back to top Go down

Re: The Content "Covenant"

Post by SouthDakota on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:43 pm

I think it's a good idea, and I can see why you've posted this. It does make sense. However, I don't think I'll be doing this, as I'm not here to see how high I can get my post count. Tbh, I couldn't care less about post count. It's meaningless to me.

The whole reason I'm here is because I like talking to you guys, no matter if it is a +1 topic. The +1 topics are just a good way to have fun with the people I consider to be friends.

Sometimes those +1 topics are the only thing that keep me from giving up completely. They provide a cheerful and fun environment for me, and I need a lot more environments like that in my life.

So, while I understand where you're coming from, I will try to have as much fun as I can with the people I consider my friends, regardless whether or not it is a +1 topic.

Last edited by SouthDakota on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Alignment fixes. OCD, don't judge.)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Administrator

southdakota@virtualk.net
SouthDakota
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Who on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:13 pm

Yea, as much as I have joked about my personal "post count competitions" that I have waged against others, I honestly don't care.  My posts in the last person to post wins thread are hardly full of quality content by any means, but I do have a blast going back and forth with people there. My main concern is having fun!

I see where you are coming from though, Slizko. Good post! Way to practice what you preach!!! Smile  I would like to see more threads that encourage good conversation though. I will try to do my part by making more.
Miss Who
500 posts!
500 posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaChameleon on Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:14 am

yeah i've been meaning to make content threads. it just doesn't work sometimes when people don't reply.

Feel free to PM me anytime!                                      Rules                                                     Chatroom!
karmachameleon@virtualk.net
KarmaChameleon
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum